Nothing like a good winter storm to get me to start posting some photographs...I know, I know I haven't been in touch since June. But I am pretty excited...I know that I am not going anywhere for at least the next 24 hours or more (it is suppose to snow continuously for another 24 to 36 hours), so I am committed to getting you all caught up on family news.
I took these photos at 12:30 p.m. today, Wednesday October 28th. I shall take other photos tomorrow around the same time so you can see the difference. Of course, the boys are out of school today and will undoubtedly be home tomorrow as well. Bruce is at work, but there is rumor that CSU will be closing soon. If we get the snow that is forecasted, CSU is certain they will close the campus tomorrow. So, they are trying to keep it going as long as they can today. But it is so blizzardy outside...just want Bruce home safe and sound.
We hear that we are to experience the worst winter in 25 years...if today's storm is any indication, it may be true. FYI: The snow on the patio table is 8" deep. So, what are we doing today? Luke and Nathan have been playing GI Joe all morning and are now across the street with their friends, Holden and Wyatt, probably still playing GI Joe. The four of them will be back here in a couple of hours to share the "joy" of Joe. I am in my closet...literally. I started cleaning out my closet yesterday and it has been both an invigorating and terrifying experience. I haven't cleaned my closet since we moved in 8 1/2 years ago...I mean really, really clean. I didn't take a "before" photo, but I will take an "after" photo for you!
This last photo is outside our kitchen nook window looking at a branch of a pear tree resting on top of the newly built arbor (GOOD job Bruce and Milton) into our backyard. Yes, I hear you say "Beth, go out and shake the snow off those trees." I reply, "But I am in my P.J.s. Who cleans out their closets in good clean clothes when comfy warm clothes is sooo much better?" I'll be sure to take a photo of this same branch tomorrow...hopefully, it will still be there :-). Much love!
No comments:
Post a Comment