Sunday, February 15, 2009

He Is A Miracle...Watch Him Grow!


We have known Mike, Shellie and Adison Salza for several years now. They are examples of a faith, strength and courage that I haven't seen in too many people. After they had their first son, Adison (4), they had two other children, Isaac and Paisley. Both Isaac and Paisley were born at or before 25 weeks in gestation and neither of them survived. Very, very sad. However, with the doctors' advise and specific treatment, Mike and Shellie were encouraged to get pregnant again, a decision that did not come lightly or easily for them, as you can imagine!

I'd like to introduce you to Leonidas Michael Salza. Due to other complications that were not foreseen, Leonidas was delivered when he was about 26 weeks, and he is a true miracle from God. I invite you to watch him grow. This Tuesday, Leonidas will be two weeks old...what a celebration! I cannot do his story any justice, but Shellie can and has on her blog which you can find on the bottom right side of our blog. Just click on "Salza Family" and it will take you to her site. Be sure to review the Older Posts by clicking at the bottom of the first current page. Here you will see other wonderful photos of Leonidas, as well as the reason behind his given name. I want you to be prepared as Shellie has also posted photos of Paisley who was born one year ago, you can instantly see how much healthier and stronger Leonidas is compared to his sister, Paisley.

This blog has been such a blessing to all of us who love and care for this family so much that it was the inspiration for me to start our own family blog. Only God knows how this wonderful story will continue, but I am grateful that I have had the privilege of participating in His Miracle every moment of the last two weeks. I hope you find the same enjoyment!

No comments:

Post a Comment